Saturday, November 10, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

 
I've been slowly taking Christmas decorations out and putting them around the house.



 
I saw these two reindeer at a thrift store.  When I first walked past them I couldn't believe how ugly they were, but as I walk around the store I couldn't stop thinking about them.  After taking a lap around the store looking at other things, I decided I wanted to buy these little ugly reindeer.  I found myself in a panic, rushing back to them and hoping they were still there.  They were, of course.  I think they look great with these funny, little elves riding on them.  They are resting on a small wooden chair that I have on one my walls.

 
These little elves move from place to place around the house, watching for good behavior.  One is named Dirk.  Dirk is the elf that brought me small toys and candy during the month of December when I was a kid.  The other is named Durf.  He's the new guy.  The kids have high hope that these elves will reward their good behavior come December. 

1 comment:

  1. Those deer are the BEST! Keep on the look out for a couple for me!

    ReplyDelete