Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Small Drawers, DIY Orange Ombre


I received this small chest of drawers as a gift.  The front of each drawer had the same three decals on it: a crown, a meter stamp, and a saying right in the middle.  The quote on the drawers went a little something like this, "If all of your actions are measured in gold, then this quote is way too long for anyone to remember."

I could have been okay with the meter stamp and maybe even the crown, but the quote had to go, especially since it was repeated on each drawer.




So I did a little ombre paint job that seriously took me about 30 minutes.  I used white acrylic paint on the top drawer.  The only orange paint I had was bright orange so I toned it down a bit by mixing in some white for the bottom drawer.  I added a little more white paint to the orange/white paint mixture for the middle drawer.  A couple of coats on each drawer with a clear coat of gloss and the project was finished.

1 comment:

  1. Homestudio.com is an online marketing solution we have an ample collections of different variants chest of drawers made from high quality German techniques.
    http://homestudio.com/living-room-furniture/chest-of-drawers.html

    ReplyDelete